As part of our Music Production & Sound Engineering Programmes at Catalyst, we ask students to create original recordings to professional standards. To do this they require great artists and bands to work with, which is why we need your help!
We’d like to offer you a free recording that you can take away in exchange for your time. This takes place at our fully equipped studio facilities located at the Funkhaus, one of Berlin’s coolest creative hubs. Projects vary from simple acoustic recordings to full-blown multi-track productions, and all genres are welcome.
What we would need from you:
– Availability for at least one full day of recording and possibly a few shorter sessions
– The possibility to invite students to a rehearsal or gig for a preliminary talk without commitment
– Ability to record to a click if required
– As the work is part of our students course, you must be open to them directing the sessions and allowing some level of creative input
– You are free to bring your own instruments or use those provided by Catalyst Music
– Commitment and punctuality!
What you would get from us:
– a free recording experience!
– one or more rough mixed versions of your song, possibly with additional production elements
– the individual audio files for your personal use
– you retain copyright over your song, and may use student mixes under a creative commons attribution, non-commercial license. You are also free to use the files to rework or remix the song yourself and distribute however you see fit, as long as students are credited for their efforts
– Catalyst Music only retains the right to use recordings for marketing purposes, but not to distribute or profit from.
Get in touch: [email protected]